Saturday, October 15, 2011

Two Dozen Of Them...

Today was day 24. I am still feeling fantastic. I even went out, mowed the lawn and visited with my neighbor today! This is something I haven't done in a long time, due to the shame of my weight, fatigue, sore knees, hips and back and last but definitely not least, depression.

I will share here that I have Bipolar Disorder. Since I have been on my juice fast, after the detoxification process had passed, my mental state has been more stable than I can remember in years.

The hypo-manic state doesn't bother me but it drives everyone around me absolutely nuts! Now my energy is through the roof, like being manic, with out all the insanity that goes along with it.

It is the depression I truly dread, it is a deep dark cavern which feels like there is no escape from. But for about three weeks now I have had no depression! This is a true breakthrough miracle in my life. I am so grateful that I have discovered juicing.

I came up with a new recipe today, I call it, "Beet Me With A Carrot". Something that is quite delicious and I am sure very nutritious. The recipe is:

2 Red Beets & Greens
2 Red Delicious Apples
4 Carrots
1/2 Whole Lemon
1" Piece Of Ginger

Just be forewarned, if you consume a beet based juice, don't be alarmed when you use the restroom and it looks as if you are about to drop dead from a severe gastrointestinal bleed. If I had seen this when I worked on the ambulance as an EMT I would have been extremely concern and been flying down the road lights and sirens to the closest emergency room! Fortunately I knew I had drank the beet juice, but it still was a little more than I had expected...

No comments:

Post a Comment